FAQ – lulworth House

Accommodation bonds or refundable accommodation deposits (RADs) are payable for all residents entering permanent care at Lulworth House. In accordance with current legislation, the refundable deposit (RAD) can be paid as a lump sum amount, or by means of a daily accommodation payment (DAP), or a combination of both. Refund of any deposit paid (less any outstanding fees) is guaranteed.

Yes, the Australian Government provide funding to aged care facilities and sets the basic daily care fee for residents to pay, with further amounts to be paid according to the resident’s assessed income.

Lulworth House is classified as an ‘extra service’ facility and residents pay an additional daily ‘extra service’ amount dependent on room type. Our admissions manager and accountant will be happy to discuss the options available and work through the financial choices with you so that you have a clear picture of financial arrangements.

First you will require an ACAT assessment of your health and circumstances to confirm your eligibility to enter an aged care facility. Contact details can be found on the Australian Government’s My Aged Care website www.myagedcare.gov.au or call the My Aged Care contact centre on 1800 200 422.

When you call the My Aged Care contact centre, you will be asked for your consent to create a personalised client record. Your record will include up-to-date information on your needs and the results of any assessments or services that you receive.

Only you, your nominated representative, your assessor and service providers will be able to access relevant information in your record. Then you will need to complete a Lulworth House application form and other documentation. This is a standard form of information that we need and is available from our admissions manager, who is able to assist you to complete this information if required.

You will be contacted by a member of the Aged Care Assessment Team in your area who will make an appointment to visit you for an interview. The assessment team will ask you a number of questions during the interview and these are designed to help them work out the best care for you.

You might want to ask a family member, friend or carer to be present during your assessment. It’s also helpful to make a list of your current medications before assessment. With your approval, your doctor may tell the assessment team member about your medical history.

The Aged Care Assessment Team will look at your needs and provide you with information and help advise whether you are eligible for Australian Government subsidised care. The degrees of care include:

  • Residential care in an accredited aged care facility
  • Help to keep you living at home through Community Aged Care programs
  • Respite care for High or Low level (short term care) at an aged care facility

Lulworth House can offer assistance with all these levels of aged care.

Assessment by the Aged Care Assessment Team is the key to you receiving an Australian Government subsidy for the cost of your aged care. They will discuss with you whether you need community help to continue living at home, or if your needs would be better met in an aged care facility. If this is the case, they will discuss the level of care that you require.

At the end of the interview, they will explain your assessment results and will then, once approved, provide a copy of the report to you. If you have been assessed by the team as eligible to enter an aged care facility, you can start applying to aged care facilities that suit your needs.

You will be asked to enter into two resident agreements, a pre-admission agreement and an admission agreement. These agreements will formally set out the respective rights and obligations between yourself and Lulworth House. The permanent agreement outlines the services to be provided, including the ‘extra services’ as well as the refundable deposit (RAD) or daily accommodation payment (DAP) care fees and means tested fees which are payable.

As these agreements set all the arrangements for your residency, including fees, charges and accommodation matters, we strongly recommend that you and your representative seek independent advice to look at the agreements, including your solicitor and financial advisor.

Contact us