Our establishment began in the beautiful home of ‘Trebartha’ in 1919, where St Luke’s Private Hospital was first opened.
With the growth of the hospital, so too grew the need for space and Hemsley House was built in 1936 to serve as living quarters for nurses.
Thanks to a bequest in 2014, we were able to refurbish Hemsley House which now houses St Luke’s Clinic and Active Life Studio.
In 1938, St Luke’s acquired the nearby Lulworth House, which became the maternity wing of our hospital.
By 1968, it was transformed into operating theatres and administrative offices. It now houses our residential aged care home, and we have residents living in Lulworth House who were born in it during it’s maternity days.
St Luke’s also acquired the historical Kenilworth House, from where our executive team now run our organisation.
We grew to service our patients
St Luke’s Home Care was established in 1993 in Hemsley House to provide home-based services for those in need in our community.
Active Life Studio opened in 2023, which is a bespoke wellness and fitness centre, providing exercise classes run by physiotherapists using smart technology to capture data in real time.
The addition of Active Life Studio has completed our transformation into Australia’s first holistic campus for aging Australians.
St Luke’s Care acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land on which our campus stands, the Gadigal People of the Eora Nation, and pay our respects to Elders past and present.