You have a right to courteous and professional care and service. If you experience care or service which is less than you expect, we want to know. Please tell a staff member or request to see the Nursing Unit Manager, even if you think it’s trivial. You are not bothering us – that’s what we’re here for! We welcome the opportunity to address your concerns and ensure we do meet your and other patients’ expectations.
A Patient Feedback Form is located by your bed. We encourage you to tell us about your experience at St Luke’s Private Hospital. Your name is optional and all forms are reviewed by the Nurse Manager.
We meet regularly to review your comments, both positive and negative, and are always working to improve our service and care.
If you wish to make a complaint, there are several options. We would prefer to help while you are in hospital so please let us know. You may:
- Discuss your concerns with the Nursing Unit Manager.
- Contact the Director of Nursing on (02) 9356 0301.
- For after hours, please contact the After Hours Manager on 0421 617 098.
- Write to the CEO or Director of Nursing, St Luke’s Private Hospital: PO Box 35, Potts Point NSW 2011. All complaints received in writing receive a response within seven days.
- Contact the Health Care Complaints Commission. Freecall 1800 043 159 in NSW, or Locked Mail Bag 18, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012.